Since 1993, Nordstrom has upheld a commitment to support communities by awarding fantastic college scholarships to high school students across the country. This year, Nordstrom is offering forty $10,000 scholarships to students in specific geographic areas, which include eight states and the District of Columbia.
To qualify, students must meet the following criteria:
• Be a high school junior
• Have and maintain a cumulative unweighted GPA of at least 2.7 (on a 4.0 scale)
• Have participated in community/volunteer activities
• Be planning to apply for financial assistance to attend college
• Attend an accredited 4-year college or university
• Live and attend school in one of the participating geographic areas, including Maryland, Virginia, and DC
Additional eligibility requirements and complete application instructions are available on the scholarship web page.
The Nordstrom Scholarship will be awarded to five students in the DC region. Key to winning will be the submission of an original essay, a list of community or volunteer activities, and a personal statement. It’s really not that hard for all that cash!
Note that applications will only be accepted by mail. Incomplete, emailed or faxed applications will NOT be accepted. And, all applications must be postmarked by no later than May 15, 2010.
This is a great opportunity for a high school student with a track record of service to his or her community. For more information or to download a copy of the application, go directly to the Nordstrom website.